1. Mix together the melted coconut oil and cocoa powder in a bowl. Once combined, add in the peanut butter and honey. Whisk until smooth.
2. Once smooth stir in the cocoa powder, and protein powder. Whisk again until smooth.
3. Add in the desiccated coconut and chia seeds. Mix well until evenly coated.
4. Set to one side for five minutes to firm up.
5. Use an ice cream scoop to create even macaroon mounds. Place into the fridge to firm up for a couple of hours. You can store them as they are, or dunk the bottoms of them in melted dark chocolate and return to the fridge for a few minutes before serving.
Store in the fridge for up to two weeks; they are at their best in terms of texture when removed from the fridge ten minutes before serving, depending on the climate/season.