Who doesn’t love pancakes? We’ll wait.
Protein pancakes pack a punch of delicious favour while making a satisfyingly-satiating breakfast, brunch, dessert or post-workout snack. Research has shown that eating a protein-rich breakfast are more likely to have better appetite control throughout the day, while consuming your protein pancakes as a post-workout snack can help grow, maintain and repair lean muscle while staving off those pesky post-exercise hunger pangs.
What’s more, a chunky stack of protein pancakes feels indulgently ‘naughty’, only they come without the high carb and sugar content of traditional pancakes – so all in all, a real win for you and for the protein pancake. Here at Kinetica we simply can’t get enough of these little pancakes, and it’s amazing just how quick and easy they are to make. You can whip up a stack of these protein-packed pancakes in as little as 10-15 minutes; perfect for when you’re in a hurry. Eat them hot out of the pan or allow to cool and store in the fridge for the next day.
Here’s How to Make our Quick Vanilla Protein Pancakes
Watch our quick recipe video below or skip ahead to the full written recipe.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5-10 mins
Servings: Approx 3-5 pancakes
For the pancake batter
- 2 Scoops of Kinetica Sports vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼ Tsp ground cinnamon
- 50ml semi skimmed or skimmed milk
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 50g self raising flour
For the toppings (optional)
- 1x 10g bag of Kinetica Chocolate Protein Crispies
- Fresh fruit (e.g. chopped strawberries, banana or raspberries)
- Greek yoghurt
1. Tip all batter ingredients into a jug blender and pop the lid on
2. Blitz for 30 seconds or until ingredients are fully combined
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. (You can also use a squirt of cooking spray if your pancakes are sticking).
4. Pour a small amount of batter into the pan (you can use a ladle if you prefer) and let it spread itself into a small pancake-sized dollop.
5. Don’t touch your pancake until you see bubbles forming on the top. Then use a spatula or fish slice to gently loosen and flip the pancake over. Wait a minute or so until your pancake is browning on the other side, then tip out onto a plate. Repeat until all your batter is gone and you’ve got a mouthwatering stack of vanilla protein pancakes ready to be dressed up.
6. Now for the fun part – the toppings! This part is entirely up to you, but we love to top ours with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, some fresh berries and a handful of our Chocolate Protein Crispies. With a light, crispy texture and sweet chocolatey flavour, these tasty bites will add texture to your pancake stack while satisfying those sweet cravings.
Variations – for when you fancy a change of pancake pace
- Swap out the vanilla protein powder for 2 scoops of our chocolate whey protein or banana whey protein for a delicious flavour change.
- Add one mashed-up, ripe banana to the batter mixture for an extra hit of sweetness without adding sugar
- Add extra protein to your pancakes by adding a scoop of rolled oats or a tablespoon of greek yoghurt
Don’t forget to share your impressive protein pancake stacks with us on our social media channels and show us how you get on!