Fast, Medium & Slow Release Proteins: The Way Ahead
Kinetica Sports is rooted by an ethos of innovation and new product development. Concentrating on the creation of products that consumers want and need, and subsequently delivering those products to the market is at the centre of our focus. So, we kicked off 2013 with the launch of PRORELEASE, our smooth-tasting shake that has been scientifically designed with a balanced blend of fast, medium and slow digesting proteins.
Using the highest standard of milk, egg and whey proteins in a unique ratio, Kinetica have produced an award-winning product that delivers a sustained level of amino acids throughout the day and night for optimal protein synthesis and muscle recovery. It is available in delicious Strawberry Sundae and Chocolate Brownie flavours.
Fast, Medium & Slow Digesting Proteins
Different proteins have different rates of absorption, and so the evaluation of a protein is fundamental in determining its appropriateness in our diet. Similarly, knowledge of this suitability provides the benefit of being able to identify proteins that will have the greatest impact based on your individual needs (Hoffman and Falvo, 2004).
For example, Whey Protein is a fast digesting protein which will quickly deliver amino acids to the muscle to help increase protein synthesis. Egg albumin (egg white) is a medium digesting protein, high in biological value and rich in essential amino acids.
Milk Protein Concentrate (MPC) contains 80% Micellar Casein and 20% Whey Protein and is a slow digesting protein. Casein exists in milk in the form of a micelle. An attractive property of the casein micelle is its ability to coagulate in the stomach to form a gel, making it particularly efficient in sustained nutrient supply and slow release of amino acids into the blood stream (Boirie et al, 1997).
Taking fast release proteins only has been shown in several studies to not be as effective on total body protein synthesis in comparison to blends containing slower releasing proteins. So, based on the merits of whey, egg and casein-based milk proteins, we at Kinetica have created a balanced protein blend in the form of BIOTEINTM RELEASE.
1. MPC: consists of 80% micellar casein and 20% whey. MPC is a slow digesting protein. Some studies show you will reach a peak in blood amino acids and protein synthesis between 3-4 hours, while total release can last over 7 hours.
2. Egg Albumin Protein (egg white): is a medium digesting protein and high in biological value, providing all the essential amino acids that your body cannot manufacture. Egg white is high in protein while low in calories, fats and carbohydrates.
3. Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC): is a natural by-product of cheese manufacturing and produced through ultra-filtration technologies. It is a fast digesting protein and rapidly absorbed. Some studies have shown that blood amino acids and protein synthesis peak around 40 minutes, while total release can last over an hour.
4. Whey Protein Isolate (WPI): is produced using cross-flow micro-filtration, which removes fat and lactose without the use of heat and chemicals. The resulting proteins are fast digesting, exceptionally pure, virtually fat-free and contain only trace amounts of lactose.
Our PRORELEASE also contains Aminogen®, which is a natural plant-derived digestive enzyme to help boost lean muscle growth by increasing amino acid levels and improving nitrogen digestion.
Other notable properties include:
- Over 5g of naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
- Easy to mix and smooth tasting
- Natural flavours and colours only
- Drug screened to ISO 17025 standards
Q. Why take PRORELEASE?
A steady release of amino acids throughout the day and night keeps the body in an anabolic state, boosts daily protein levels, maintains lean muscle mass and reduces muscle breakdown.
Q. When to take PRORELEASE?
For maximum results drink 2-3 shakes throughout the day to include morning time, between meals and/or before bedtime.
Q. How to take PRORELEASE?
Mix 1 scoop (approximately 30g) to 200mls of water/low fat milk in a shaker or blender for a delicious, smooth tasting shake.
Kinetica Whey Vs. PRORELEASE
Firstly, Kinetica Whey Protein is most desirable and effective when taken in the morning, before exercise and immediately after training when rapid protein absorption is required to quickly feed the muscles for recovery and repair. In comparison, Kinetica PRORELEASE – our new award winning sustained time release protein blend – provides a steady release of amino acids into the bloodstream. It is therefore ideal taken before bedtime to fuel muscle growth and repair while you sleep and between meals/after training throughout the day to help boost protein levels, increase lean muscle and strength and prevent muscle tissue breakdown by keeping amino acid levels elevated.
Have you tried our PRORELEASE yet?
Boirie, Y., Dangin, M., Gachon, P., Vasson, M. P., Maubois, J. L. & Beaufere, B. (1997) “Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion” Proclamations of National Academy of Sciences 94, 14930 – 14935
Hoffman, J. R. & Falvo, M. J. (2004) “Protein – which is best?” Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 3, 118 – 130